Seeing a counselor for the first time need not be as daunting as most people think. Here are a couple of reminders for our clients when scheduling their first session.
1. The first session is called an Intake Session and usually lasts longer than a regular session. This is because all Better Steps counselors want to get a detailed and in-depth history of your current functioning. Please be ready to spend at least one and a half (1.5) to two (2) hours for this.
2. A day before your appointment, our scheduler will send you a SMS to confirm your attendance to your slot. Please take note that you must reply to the SMS for us to consider your appointment confirmed. If we do not receive your confirmation at the end of our office hours, we will consider the appointment cancelled and subject to cancellation fees.
3. Please make sure that you print out and fill up the forms sent to you when you reserved for your intake slot.
4. For intake sessions with MINORS, at least one parent or legal guardian must be present to accompany the minor.
NOTE: During intake sessions of MINORS, we interview both the minor and the accompanying parent/guardian
5. After your intake session, you will be scheduled for your first session within the next fourteen (14) days.
6. If at any point you feel uncomfortable, please let any member of our staff know so that they can address it promptly.